Full Stack Engineer
You are passionate about building robust Web applications that scale. You cannot decide if you like backend or frontend development more. You have a firm background optimizing database schemas to handle the UI and designing REST APIs that link the two together, while at the same time you strive to roll out the changes in a way that nothing breaks. You are excited at the thought of building and owning dozens of micro-services with many interconnections between them. You think about transactions, consistency, and error handling before even starting to think about anything else. You've got character. Then, we want to talk to you.
In this role you will be standing right between our Software Engineers and Frontend Engineers, at a crucial point of the product stack, working with both teams, upwards and downwards. You will be owning several API layers including the one interacting with the client Web UI. You will be designing and implementing services at the forefront where deep, distributed, systems code meets object models, persistence technologies and user interfaces.
- BS in Computer Science or similar. MS/PhD a plus.
- 3+ years experience in relevant roles.
- Experience with modern web application frameworks: Django, Flask, Pyramid, Node.js.
- Experience with persistence technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Experience with modern web UI frameworks: AngularJS, EmberJS, Meteor, Polymer, React.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with Python and C.
- Experience with running Web applications at scale.
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component.
- Convenient working location with great subway access.
- Breakfast and Lunch. Random snacks and beverages around the day.
- Sponsorship for top-tier international conferences and seminars.
- Access to a carefully curated Art and Tech library.